Silky smooth with the great coffee-chocolate combo… this mousse is easy to make ahead.
Ingredients – makes 6
- 100 grams of good quality dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids)
- 250 gram tub of mascarpone
- 2 tablespoons of icing sugar
- 4 tablespoons of espresso coffee
- 150ml of double cream (plus 50 ml extra for decoration)
- A little cocoa powder, for decoration
Make the espresso coffee and set aside to cool slightly. Melt the chocolate in a non-stick pan and set aside to cool slightly.
In a large mixing bowl, beat the icing sugar & mascarpone until smooth with a spatula. Whisk in the warm coffee & melted chocolate until fully combined.
In a separate bowl, whisk the double cream until the soft peak stage. Fold into the main mixture until fully combined and then spoon into your chosen cups. Place on a tray in your fridge for at least 6 hours.
To finish & serve – whip the remaining cream and place a small amount of each, dust with cocoa powder and add a crunchy biscuit of choice.
Bon Apetit !